Thursday 25 July 2013

Reflections from Home

3 months ago, I was sitting on a plane bound for the U.S. and going over everything I had experienced in London and around Europe for the 3 months prior.  While sleeping did take up the bulk of my journey home, I couldn't help but think about all of the new friends I had made and the wealth of knowledge that came with every class I took, every show I saw, and every city I visited.

     There was also a lot of fear that came along with all the fond memories. Would things be the same with all of my friends back home? Would I be able to keep and stay in contact with the new friends I had made? Would I miss London too much? Could I keep and practice all of the lessons I have learned?

     After being home for 3 months and being able to reflect on all of my experiences while abroad, a lot of my fears have been alleviated. I came back to the same friends that I remembered leaving before the semester.  I've been able to keep in touch with and even see some of the new friends I had made in London. And I have used the lessons I learned to book jobs and better myself as an artist. I do miss London a lot though. It's hard to not yearn for intensive theatre classes from 9-5 every day and the theatre culture that is ingrained into the city but I've managed to keep myself busy with auditions, work, rehearsals, and spending time with the friends that I missed.

     This is way overdue but l want to thank everyone who helped me with the costs of traveling and living in London, as well as all of my travels around Europe.

Thank you to:
The Velasco Family
The Encinas Family
Sarah and Sam Afifi
Laura Abad Santos and Tony Rogers
The Rocco Family
Marilou Reventar
The Echavez Family
Tony Mangle and Alex Mariquit
Jude Tan
Manny Caballero
Cristina Ramos
Erly de Vera
Matthew Maguire and the Fordham Theatre Department
Ellen Newman and the LDA Staff

Most of all I would like to thank the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program, who provided the bulk of my funding for my tuition and travels. Without them I truly would not have been able to study abroad and I would like to encourage anyone thinking of studying abroad to visit their website because they are a valuable resource to any student who is thinking of following this path. http://www.iie.org/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program

To those of you planning on studying abroad at the London Dramatic Academy or anywhere else in the world, I hope you found my blog useful, informative, and maybe entertaining at times. If you do go abroad, cherish the time you have there because it will truly change your life.

Thank you all again.

-Daniel

14 comments:

  1. Excellent incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make running a blog look easy. The overall glance of your website is magnificent, let alone the content!
    Study Abroad Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

  2. your post conveys a good messages and interesting things and give more updates.
    digital marketing company in india

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice article here with some useful tips for those who are not used-to comment that frequently. Thanks for this helpful information I agree with all points you have given to us. I will follow all of them.

    Java Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I appreciate your efforts taken for writing every blog and i know for sure you would keep doing the good work .Thanks for the valuable share!

    SEO Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really i like this blog and i got lot of information's from your blog.And thanks for sharing!!!!
    Iperidigi
    SEO Company in Chennai
    SEO Company in India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!I am actually getting ready to across this information,i am very happy to this commands.Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have.Well done,its a great knowledge.
    Psoriasis Shampoo
    Pimple Treatment
    Psoriasis Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  7. This idea is mind blowing. I think everyone should know such information like you have described on this post. Thank you for sharing this explanation.Your final conclusion was good. We are sowing seeds and need to be patiently wait till it blossoms.
    Manufacturing ERP
    ERP software companies
    Best ERP software
    ERP Development Company
    GST Enabled ERP
    ERP for the manufacturing industry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting blog post.Thanks...Thank you your blog, it is very useful for me...

    SAP Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage. I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again.
    Property Management Software in india
    Property Management Software in Chennai
    Lead Management Software in India
    Lead Management Software in Chennai
    legal management software in india
    legal management software in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you relating to talking about this valuable history.I landed on this type of web blog to be able find a lot more good news and content First may advertisement

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete